Affordable Housing Development | Develop affordable housing
Starting Friday, September 17, a province-wide program mandatory masking order will be implemented for all interior public spaces.
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
The Saskatchewan Housing Corporation (SHC) seeks proposals for the development of innovative affordable rental housing from organizations with expertise in developing rental housing projects and / or providing support services to hard-to-house households.
Projects can be new constructions, conversions or acquisitions and renovations. Two or more organizations can form a partnership and submit a proposal.
Community service providers may also request partnership opportunities to use existing housing units owned by CSS to house clients who need support services.
The target client must have a gross annual family income equal to or less than the income limits set by SHC.
Closing date: January 30, 2022
- provides affordable housing to those who have the most difficulty obtaining or maintaining adequate, adequate or affordable housing; and or
- provides support services and / or accessible and barrier-free housing for tenants.
For eligible organizations:
- can provide an opportunity to provide housing and support services to clients without the capital cost of owning and owning their own units.
Eligible organizations are:
- the community housing sector, such as non-profit housing organizations and rental co-ops;
- community service providers;
- municipal governments and their agencies;
- Indigenous governments and organizations, which include First Nations bands, tribal councils and Métis organizations; and
- private entrepreneurs, builders and developers.
Applicants can partner with other organizations, including property management companies, to make the project sustainable.
- Must have difficulty renting or maintaining secure accommodation.
- Must live in a community in southern Saskatchewan with a population of over 5,000 with a demonstrated need for housing or live in the Northern Administrative District.
- Income must not exceed Saskatchewan Housing Income Maximum (SHIM) – Low.
BOTTOM SHIM *
|Room||Two rooms||3 rooms||4 bedrooms|
|Disability||$ 43,700||$ 53,500||$ 64,400||$ 77,100|
|No disability||$ 38,000||$ 46,500||$ 56,000||$ 67,000|
* As of July 1, 2021 (subject to change)
Submit the completed three-page proposal to CSS by email to [email protected] by the closing date with the following information:
- the physical characteristics of your proposed project — or If the request is for a partnership with SHC, the physical characteristics of the units you are looking for;
- the demographics of the target tenant, including estimated income levels;
- the support services that will be provided to clients (if applicable);
- partnerships with other service or housing agencies (if applicable);
- community where the project will be located;
- proof of need and demand for the project;
- alignment with government priorities identified in The Mental Health and Addictions Action Plan, the Saskatchewan Disability Strategy Where The poverty reduction strategy;
- details of the long-term financial viability of the project;
- Estimated budget; and
- funding requested from CSS, including which program (rental development program, Saskatchewan co-investment program or shelter improvement program).
Proposals should also include:
- Contact information; and
- capacity and experience in the development and operation of housing.
Contact SHC at 1-866-245-5758 for more information or for assistance in completing your EOI proposal. If you would like to apply but have any questions, we recommend that you contact SHC at least two (2) weeks prior to the closing date.